Day Fishing Trips To Remote Lakes Fly-In Charter Rate $1850.00 *All Inclusive
How it works
Treat yourself, friends and family to a special day of fishing on a remote lake accessible only by floatplane.
Book in advance and arrange your fishing licences prior to the day of your trip.
On the day of your trip arrive for 7:30 am at Ahmic Air’s dock in Yellowknife’s Old Town next to Weaver & Devore Trading to check in with your pilot. Before leaving Yellowknife your pilot will ensure that you have all of the necessary gear for a successful and enjoyable day on the water. You and your guests will fly aboard Ahmic Air’s classic DHC-2 Beaver floatplane to a remote lake within a short flight from Yellowknife.
Your Pilot will instruct you on the use of the boats, motors, and equipment that you will be using before departing for the day. This excursion is self-guided. You will experience remote wildernes on your own for 7-8 hours. You are responsible to bring your own lunch & snacks. You may choose to prepare your own shore lunch with your fresh catch.
Your pilot will return for you at the end of the day. Be prepared to leave the lake by 4:30 pm and you should plan on being back to the Ahmic Air dock in Yellowknife’s Old Town by 5:15 pm.
Our goal is to provide you with the unique experience of a fly-in day fishing trip. Although you may chose to bring your own gear, each trip has been equipped and setup in such a way that you only have need to bring personal items, snacks, appropriate clothing for the day, and a fishing licence. We have done our best to supply each excursion with top-end, well maintained equipment. Our equipment is user friendly and has been matched to each location that we use.
- One boat and motor for every two guests
- Spinning reels & rods for each guest
- Appropriate barb-less tackle
- Fish fry and camp kit (fry pan, cooking equipment, fish-mix, & first aid kit)
- Personal floatation device for each guest
- Required safety equipment, and fishing net for each boat
- All boat fuel
- Fishing Licence
- Sun Tan Lotion, Insect Repellent,
- Personal Medications
- Rain Gear
- Waterproof foot wear
- Warm Clothing (Dress in Layers) - jacket, gloves, hat
- Beverages, Lunch & Snacks
* Inclusive rates include equipment rental provided by Yellowknife Canoe Company and air charter services provided by Ahmic Air using DHC-2 aircraft; all charges and fees as stated in Ahmic Air's tariff are included in the rate. The quoted rate also includes the 5% GST applied to all goods and services. (For further details on charter rates, taxes, charges, & fees or the tariff please contact Ahmic Air 1-867-920-4400.)
Please call us if you have any questions. Yes, we can work with you to provide fly-in experiences for larger group sizes.